Now

what a word, and what a concept!
I believe it is transforming to realized that Now is
Then was, and Later may or may not be,
but My magnificent NOW is the best it has ever been and is filled with
the Goodness of God and the power of me, meeting up against or in tune with all of the natural surroundings and the human elements that inhabit my world.

Let me give you a sample of my Now, and then I will take Now into my work world.

Right Now I have my mom
Right Now I have a healthy body and ( some would say) a sound mind
Right Now I have bright sunshine and amazing mountains lavishing their warmth on me
Right Now I am loved by family, friends, and my beautiful children
Right Now I see the way God's grace has strengthened me for this moment
Only Now can I use my mind, body and talents for good and for the purpose that God has for me

I can not fix or change what was THEN, I tried and failed back then to be, do and say the perfect combination of things that would make me 'right'. When I think about then, I see what was missing, what was wrong or what could have been. Loss, pain and disappointment for me were there in the past, but have no place right now.
Similarly, the future is a fool's guessing game. How many had it all figured out two years ago but now can not see how they will make it work today? too many I fear. No one of us has a guarantee of ten more days on the earth or ten more years.
we only have Now, and we should seek the strength to know what that means.

and Now, I have to go to work, more on this......... ( you guessed it) .... Later!

sorry about all those past posts where I did not understand this and whined, or complaiined

Comments

colleen said…
We spend too much time thinking about the past and worrying about the future. NOW spelled backwards says WON. We win when we can be NOW. Netchick told me I'd find you here.

Popular Posts